1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less (Though personally I will just send it to whoever I think deserves it because I have no idea how many followers you guys have) who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen (no tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the Blog Award onto your blog
1. How many books do you own?
- Sadly, I don’t own as many as I would like. I don’t have enough space in my room to add shelves, or have enough compartments to store them. In my room I have about 50 books. :P
2. What book really got you into reading?
- When I was a kid I loved the Junie B. Jones series. My kid sister grew up reading them, too.
3. Do you have a favorite genre?
- I seem to like a variety of genres now, but I usually go for contemporary fiction or memoirs.
4. New or used books?
- Both. But being a live-at-home college student I’ve resorted to sticking with used books haha.
5. If you could bring a character to life to spend a day with you who would it be?
- Mr. Tumnus :)
6. Favorite pet/animal out of all the books you’ve read?
- I haven’t read many animal books to be honest. If I had to choose, I guess Rosie from Water for Elephants or the bonobo family from Ape House, both by the same author.
7. If you could ask an author to go back and continue a book and they agreed, which would it be?
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I genuinely adored that book.
8. Least favorite character ever?
- Cassia Reyes from the Matched trilogy, Helen from The Almost Moon (then again, I didn’t like anybody from that book), Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
9. Which character would you pick to be your best friend?
- Who wouldn’t want Katniss Everdeen as a best friend? Her, and Rudy Stein.
10. Which character would you choose to be your significant other?
- Mr. Willy Wonka. Let’s make some candy, people!
11. Could you recommend some books to me? :)
- Well, sure! I don’t know what genres fascinate you, but I’ll list a few of my faves: The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Noughts and Crosses, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Help, To Kill A Mockingbird, Wuthering Heights, The Glass Castle, Agatha Christie, The Invention of Hugo Cabret…
1.What has been your favorite read this year?
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay and Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg.
2.What was your favorite book as a child?
- I enjoyed the Junie B. Jones series, Beverly Cleary’s Ramona books, The Series of Unfortunate Events, Eric Carle books, Goosebumps (especially the Choose Your Own Adventure ones!), Nancy Drew, Magic Tree House.
3.How many books have you read this year?
- Hmm, I believe 10.
4.What is your favorite quote from an author?
- “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair.” - Kahlil Gibran (I don’t know if this is a book quote, but he IS an author, and I love it).
5.Who is your favorite author?
- afljdlajfjd;jadfk Hardest question ever. Besides the favorite book question. I will read anything Truman Capote, anything by Khaled Hosseini (he has only two books, but still), I love the musings of Sylvia Plath, and I want to see more of Kathryn Stockett as well as Suzanne Collins.
6.How interested can you get in a book?
- If I’m infatuated with it, I tend to tune out everything and focus my attention on the book at hand.
7. Who is your favorite male character from a book?
- Atticus from TKAM.
8. Your favorite couple in a book?
- Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy.
9. Your favorite book so far?
- Can I not answer this? Hardest question ever!! :(
10.What is your favorite genre?
- Contemporary fiction, memoirs, historical fiction, crime/mystery, and the occasional non-fic.
11. Would you ever write a book?
- When I was 11 or 12 my dream job was to be a journalist. I would dabble in poetry and action/adventure novels haha.
1. What book are you dying to read next?
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. Don’t know what it’s about, but I will read anything by him haha.
2. What character do you most relate to?
- Sometimes I can see myself in Esther Greenwood from The Bell Jar.
3. Who’s your favorite author?
- See #5 from Lightstar-sreviews’ questions!
4. Where is your favorite place to buy books?
- For chain bookstores I love Barnes & Noble. Local bookstores I frequent Book Ends.
5. What book inspires you?
- Mitch Albom books, Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore.
If you could talk to any character who would it be and why?
- Anne Frank. Technically, she’s a real person, but I would still love to know her.
What book would you give a “caution: do not read” sign to?
- The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold, The Gardens of Kyoto by Kate Walbert, and Great House by Nicole Krauss.
What was the last book you read?
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
What’s your favorite literary world?
- Wonderland. No, wait. Narnia. Okay, Wondarnia.
If you could read any book again for the first time which would it be?
- The Kite Runner for sure.
Hardcover, Paperback, or e-reader?
- Paperback <3
You guys… this took forever for me to post and for that I apologize! I have been up to my ears in schoolwork! :(
Almost forgot to choose the book blogs:
Here are your questions:
- If you were trapped on an island, what three book characters would you bring to life to take with you?
- Favorite antagonist?
- Favorite protagonist?
- Which literary world would you NOT want to go to?
- What does your bookmark look like?
- Most inspirational book?
- Book(s) that made you cry?
- Favorite author(s) of all time?
- If you could write a children’s book, what message would you provide?
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- Describe your favorite place to read.