You're stranded in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Well, you've got Frank Sinatra with you (alive) as well. No oars, but you dig into your pocket and pull out a kazoo. How do you get back to shore? (You basically only have that kazoo and Frank).
Oh good. At least he’s alive. How creepy is it if he was dead?
I will play the kazoo while I make Frank Sinatra sing at the top of his lungs to attract ships or whatever. Don’t know how effective that will be but it will be entertaining for sure.
Could you explain the Unwind book (series?) a little more? It sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure what it's about.
Unwind seemed to get the most attention from that list (which almost 700 notes. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE REBLOGGING THAT? I wrote that at 1am and mostly as a joke. I don’t understand) since it’s the least known. hmm…
Unwind is a sci-fi/dystopian book series where there had been a war after people fought over abortion and all those related issues. No one was happy with either side so the solution was that nobody could abort/terminate a pregnancy BUT from age 13-18, parents have the option to “unwind” the teen - sort of retroactive abortion - meaning the kids would get almost all (like 99% because nothing is wasted) of their body parts harvested and given to those who need and can afford it. Parents can do it because the teen is unuruly, or they can’t afford to feed another kid or whatever reason they want (See addition below). The logic behind unwinding is that no one technically dies, that they just live on as parts of a whole in the other person’s body - like they can still have some sort of consciousness or muscle memory or something like that.
also in unwind that they have this thing called “storking” where mothers (or parents) who can’t/don’t want to raise a child to thirteen leave their babies on other people’s doorsteps in hopes they’ll take the kid in. sometimes babies will get passed around several times. it’s very illegal and done in the dead of night, of course. i really liked that concept because it’s an interesting solution to the whole issue of people not wanting to raise a child to thirteen
Now I love young adult books as much as the next girl but I would just really love more books about people my age, like why do we jump from high school to late twenties? Where are all the books about 18-25 year olds? Maybe Im just missing them, but any recommendations?
When New Adult emerged, I thought it would dive into all sorts of subgenres like sci-fi, fantasy, western, historical fiction, literary fiction with characters in the 18-25 range, but was highly disappointed to see that most of the New Adult books center on love and love lost. And sex. So boooooo.
1. Make a new name for yourself. I was once called Tom Riddle, but now I’ll only respond to the title Lord Voldemort and for lesser beings, you can refer to me as ‘He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named’, ‘You-Know-Who’ or ‘The Dark Lord’.
2. Split your soul into seven Horcruxes. Seven, because one is only for pansies and if you want to be so famous the fact that you don’t have a nose inspires fear, this is the way to go.
3. Maintain a careful beauty regime which includes moisturising your face with snake skin every night and bathing in the tears of the people you killed. It does wonders for your health.
4. Have a goal. I want to be immortal, and if this means killing a baby I’ve never met because of a prophecy that may or may not be true, so be it. Ain’t nobody gonna ruin your street cred.
5. Have a bunch of friends that you will bless with the collective name of Death Eaters and make them swear allegiance to you by making them get Death Marks. lol, they won’t know what’s coming to them.
And there you have it! Followers! I’m sure there’s other methods, but that’s how I do it.
xoxo, Tom Marvolo Riddle Bow down to Lord Voldemort
I was on my way to a cookout the other day and had to stop at an intersection. The light turned green and the car in front of me started to take off and then TWO DARLING KITTENS POPPED OUT ONTO THE ROAD like they somehow appeared from under the bumper area of the car and just stood there in front of my car! I had no idea what to do so the first thing that popped into my head was to change lanes, which I did as carefully as I could without touching the kits. When I looked back, I saw the car behind me turn on their emergency lights. The truck that I cut in front of was not pleased, though.
Thinking back, I wish I’d have got out of the car and helped the two over to a safer location, but I was just in shock that they were there. They were so adorable…