This is the book that was slow to start, but really began to pick up as you went along.
I would have to go with The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. Very slow in the beginning which was off-putting to many readers, but I was totally invested in the story when the plot started to thicken.
Next, we add MARGARINE:
This is the book that had a really rich plot.
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. EVEN THOUGH that book made me furious a number of times, it had such a moving and well-written plot.
Then, we crack open some EGGS:
This is the book you thought was going to be bad, but turned out to be quite enjoyable.
I’d have to go with a couple of overly-hyped books, TFiOS and The Book Thief. I didn’t think they were going to be bad, just thought they wouldn’t live up to the hype. However, I found myself enjoying both thoroughly.
The next step is to add SUGAR:
What is the sweetest book you’ve read?
Hmmm… I don’t read many nice and sweet books so I’d have to go with The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. OHHH, Hannah’s Dream by Diane Hammond was a really great animal novel.
After we’ve retrieved the cake from the oven, ICING covers the surface:
This is the book that covered every single moment you enjoy in a book i.e happy, funny, sad moments. An all-around book
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
For decoration, we add a dash of SPRINKLES:
A book series for a pick-me-up
Harry Potter series all the way :) so glad I got around to these
Last but not least, we’ve got the CHERRY ON TOP:
What has been your favorite book so far this year?
Oh gosh, I’ve read some really outstanding books this year. It’s going to be hard at the end of 2014 to pick a favorite! For this question’s purpose, I’d have to go with….. Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. That series.. cannot wait to read more of it.
Siiighh.. had to factory reset my phone because it wouldn’t let me access my texts and kept freezing… I did every trick in the book to try to not resort to factory reset, but in the end… goodbye everything.
This must be the most beautiful DIY tutorial I have ever seen. And it so happens to be in style of this weekend. Found on Ulicam, a very nice blog by Ulrika Kestere, photographer and illustrator. For the whole tutorial and lot’s of inspiration, click here.
I almost passed out today as the Easter bunny for a school event.
I started to get suffocated underneath the head piece so I called for time out. In the bathroom the room started spinning rapidly so I stayed in there for several minutes before heading out to go home. Luckily, a girl was able to take over as bunny. I wouldn’t have lasted.
I saw ppl throw stuff out of their car today. One of them hit my window. It was some liquid thing. I really wanted to buy a carton of eggs and just chuck them individually at their window or better yet, at their faces
Whenever I’m busy with uni, I really struggle to read. I’ve got a few books on the go at the moment and no matter how much I enjoy them, I’m never in the right frame of mind to read. It’s sad really because reading is the main way I relax and get away from everything, and I can’t seem to switch my brain off and dive into fiction. :(
I FEEL THE SAME WAY. I’ve been bombarded with schoolwork and so all I’ve read lately have been graphic novels.
1) Always post the rules. 2) Answer the questions from the person who tagged you and write eleven questions for them to answer. 3)Tag eleven people and link them to the post. 4) Let that person know they were tagged.
1. Which book/s would you like to buy next?
I want to buy the Astro City series by Kurt Busiek. I also want to buy this book that I don’t remember the title of.. I just know it’s a large book and I want to buy it so that I can read it over the summer.
2. Which is the most underrated book in your opinion?
Heft by Liz Moore
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
3. Which book has let you down?
Recently, History: Decoded. Had such a nice premise, but oh-so-disappointing.
4. A happy, a sad or a bittersweet ending?
I love all kinds of endings as long as it works well with the whole book and not turn into something rushed or abrupt.
5. If you were given the chance to be an author, who would you pick?
To be an author… hmmmm.. probably J. K. Rowling
6. Which book has made you wish you had written it?
^^ Harry Potter series
7. Favourite OTP?
I feel like I lack in OTPs…. I give a different couple every time, but I really don’t have one?
8. Favourite Quote?
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair” — Khalil Gibran
9. Who is your favourite character and what makes them worthy of mentioning?
ONE of my favorite characters is Lennie, from Of Mice & Men. He is such a sweetheart and so misunderstood.
10. Which book/s would you like to reread?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (currently rereading this), Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, 1984 by George Orwell, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury… this list could go on.
11. Hardback, paperback or e-book?
I love floppy paperbacks :)
1. Do you have a favorite classic? What is it?
2. What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
3. If half of your body was sewn onto half of an author’s body, which author would you pick and why? (you would still be alive)
4. Name a favorite childhood book.
5. Are there other bookworms in your family?
6. Least favorite book?
7. If you could make a book come alive and have its characters pour out from the pages, which book would you choose?
8. Which fictional character would you love to have a sleepover with? (I’m running out of ideas.. haha!)
9. Who is your favorite literary parent?
10. What book did you read in school that you HATED?
11. Read any good books lately? Let me know!
All of you! Please, please do it and then let me know :)
My dad just yelled “I SWEAR I’LL CUT OFF WHAT’S LEFT OF YOUR DICK IF YOU FUCKING TOUCH MY COKE DON’T YOU DARE” and I came in the room like what the fuck and it was my dad holding up a shoe and my cat sitting by a glass of coca-cola with his paw almost touching inside of it and both of them didn’t even break eye contact with each other