the-bookshelf-at-the-end said: Oh my gosh so there's a house across the street from mine in Kansas and it has pure-bred huskies the owners breed and sell and my brother and I could see the little puppies running around before and after school in their backyard and my brother said "Look at all the leetle poopiesss!" and ever since my brother say "poopies" for puppies too I literally didn't think anyone else did that hahaha
HAHA I would love to see those poopsicles running around!
Yayayayay for ppl that share my passion of poopies!
firetouched said: I totally call dogs poopies too. My friends always give me weird looks for it. Glad im not the only one.
OH MY GOSH HI FIVE! HAHAH
Just scraped a suspicious sticker off our letterbox.
Apparently there’s a scam going on in my neighbourhood in which the worst people in the world are identifying houses with dogs so that they can steal them for a dogfighting ring.
I feel sick to my stomach.
What!??!?! Save those poopies!!!!
Decided to partake in the Elf Maker.
Hey y’all! I hit another milestone a waaays back so it’s time for another giveaway!
2 lucky winners will get to choose a Penguin Modern Classics pictured above.
The rules are simple:
- You MUST be following me. I will definitely be checking!
- Absolutely no giveaway blogs allowed.
- Like or reblog as much as your heart desires.
- You must be willing to give me your address. I will only be using it to ship you the books. If you are under 18, please make sure your guardian is okay with you entering the giveaway.
- Please keep your ask boxes open. This will be my only way of contacting you.
- This giveaway will start Sunday, September 14, 2014 and end Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 12 PM (Central Time Zone)
- The winners will have 24 hours to respond.
- This giveaway is open internationally thanks to The Book Depository.
Any questions, shoot them my way!
"Let me tell you about my son. When Aditya was born, there was a very popular television show on the air, and the main character was named Lord Rama. Lord Rama was known as a revealer of truth. So I joked with my best friend that my son was going to be just like Lord Rama, and he was going to bring a great truth into the world. Sixteen years later, that very same friend called me while I was out of town on vacation.
'Uptal!' he screamed. 'Uptal! Turn on the TV! Your son is on the TV! He's just like Lord Rama!'
'What channel?' I asked.
'Any channel!' he screamed. So I turned on the television. And there he was. I hadn't known it, but while I was gone, he had started a petition on the internet. He was only sixteen years old at the time, and he had started an online petition calling for the government to reopen an old rape case. The case was nearly ten years old, and it involved the son of a very powerful government official. The son had raped and murdered a girl, and even though the evidence was overwhelming, he was only given three years in prison because of his family's connections. So Aditya started this petition to reopen the case. And soon it had millions of signatures! A sixteen year old boy! I couldn't believe it! I called his mother, and she was very scared. The men he was challenging were very powerful, and had many powerful friends.
Soon Aditya was on the cover of every newspaper: ‘Young Boy Challenges Mafia,” the newspapers said. TV cameras were lining up in front of our house. His mother and I were very scared for him, and wanted him to lay low, but he insisted on doing every interview. He went on all the TV shows. Soon he started a protest right here at India Gate. He announced: ‘I am going to sit here until the case is reopened.’ Thousands of people joined him. All the famous musicians and Bollywood stars came to join him. The largest magazine in India called him ‘the country’s youngest icon.’ Soon after the protest began, the chief judge of the Supreme Court announced he was reopening the case. When the new trial was finished, the man had been given a life sentence!”
(New Delhi, India)
Jasmine at thefictionologist and I have decided to create a weekly photo tag - the Book Stack Tag. It’s simple enough - take a photo of a book stack relating to a certain theme each Saturday.
For next Saturday, we decided that since a lot of people are heading back to school or to university over the next few weeks (or already have) that the theme would be “Back to School” - books that you have studied or are going to study at school or university.
To join us, just use the tag “book stack tag” and tag either or both us.
Don’t forget to be creative! x
Well, beautifulbookborrower, I am going to join in on this thing.
This idea was created by penw0man. The rules are to post a selfie and then list 25 facts about yourself to let other book bloggers know about you and for you to know more about them!
y’all are gonna get my facebook pic that i haven’t bothered to changed in 2 years — enjoy. lol i more or less still look the same, which is a gift and a burden.. also, i do not like that i cut off my forehead -.-
- In 3 months I turn 22 and I’m not looking forward to it. I feel like time is escaping me.
- I wish I had pets, but my mom won’t allow it in her house.
- I had a dog for a few days when I was a toddler, but we had to give him away.
- I am allergic to lychees and longans, which is too bad because they are delish.
- I am pursuing a Bachelor’s in Biology and will graduate May 2015.
- I love food. I really, really do.
- I keep all of my books in a cabinet underneath my TV and in my nightstand drawers (goes to show I don’t own a whole lot of books, unfortunately)
- I can’t swim. I’d like to, but I am scared of drowning.
- I absolutely love the fall weather and cannot wait until it gets here!
- My favorite color is sea foam green.
- Whenever I watch crime, I turn to NCIS, Bones, and Criminal Minds (usually the first two, though, because CM gets kinda intense..)
- As for comedy, reruns of Friends always cheers me up.
- I took piano lessons for a couple of months before my teacher retired :P
- I play
- I once tripped up some stairs and a boy from school saw me and continued on his way.
- I once fell down some stairs and tried to laugh it off when people helped me up.
- I pretty much am accident-prone. I recently chopped a piece of my finger meat off as I was peeling a pear.
- I LOVE TO EAT GREEN BELL PEPPERS.
- My favorite pizza toppings are supreme and Hawaiian. And they HAVE TO BE cheesy.
- I am 3/4 Vietnamese and 1/4 Chinese, but can only speak Vietnamese.
- According to my mom, I have “tofu skin” i.e I bruise very easily.
- I cannot ice skate for the life of me.
- I dig tall guys (love the fact that my bf is well over 6 ft although hugging is a hassle sometimes)
- I have been dating a wonderful boy-man (LOL) for 3.25 years.
- I’ve gotten my ears pierced twice and both times they’ve gotten infected within a matter of days. Now I’m scared to get them done again (if I ever do.. tofu skin, remember?)