Vacuumed a house for battered women and children, and then walked some adorable dogs at the Humane Society. Some were reluctant to return to their kennels and kept hanging onto me :c oh puppies… I wish I could take you all home.Oh, and I also played with some cats. I stuck a little leash in between their cages and they went wild x)
Mint Honeydew Kombucha Smoothie
Full day already and it’s not even 9am. Made this #smoothie from kombucha, avocado, honeydew, kale, and mint. It tastes like summer in a cup.
The Book Cake Tag is all over Booktube so I thought it’d be a fun tag to transfer over to Tumblr.
This tag was created by suddenlylorna
The first ingredient in making a cake is FLOUR:
This is the book that was slow to start, but really began to pick up as you went along.
- I would have to go with The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. Very slow in the beginning which was off-putting to many readers, but I was totally invested in the story when the plot started to thicken.
Next, we add MARGARINE:
This is the book that had a really rich plot.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. EVEN THOUGH that book made me furious a number of times, it had such a moving and well-written plot.
Then, we crack open some EGGS:
This is the book you thought was going to be bad, but turned out to be quite enjoyable.
- I’d have to go with a couple of overly-hyped books, TFiOS and The Book Thief. I didn’t think they were going to be bad, just thought they wouldn’t live up to the hype. However, I found myself enjoying both thoroughly.
The next step is to add SUGAR:
What is the sweetest book you’ve read?
- Hmmm… I don’t read many nice and sweet books so I’d have to go with The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. OHHH, Hannah’s Dream by Diane Hammond was a really great animal novel.
After we’ve retrieved the cake from the oven, ICING covers the surface:
This is the book that covered every single moment you enjoy in a book i.e happy, funny, sad moments. An all-around book
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
For decoration, we add a dash of SPRINKLES:
A book series for a pick-me-up
- Harry Potter series all the way :) so glad I got around to these
Last but not least, we’ve got the CHERRY ON TOP:
What has been your favorite book so far this year?
- Oh gosh, I’ve read some really outstanding books this year. It’s going to be hard at the end of 2014 to pick a favorite! For this question’s purpose, I’d have to go with….. Unwholly by Neal Shusterman. That series.. cannot wait to read more of it.
Siiighh.. had to factory reset my phone because it wouldn’t let me access my texts and kept freezing… I did every trick in the book to try to not resort to factory reset, but in the end… goodbye everything.
Here’s the link for more information about the PS244 fundraising campaign.
Here’s the link to the GIVE IT ALL TO ME Library Collection at OutofPrintClothing.com.
Check it out! The good folks dropped me a line about this project last week, and I’m happy to boost for Library Week.
That tshirt is pretty legit.
Want all of the above.
There are some sick, sick people out there. This took place in a city an hour away from me! Who knows what can be going on right now.
ransom and i got married several months ago in an intimate ceremony, but recently had a larger reception for more family and friends, and it was a blast! as we’re both writers, it seemed fitting to have the event at one of our favorite bookstores: the last bookstore in downtown LA. we’ve had a lot of requests for photos, so i thought i’d drop a few here. hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
:::for the especially curious:::
my bouquet: was made from the pages of ransom’s novel (miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children).
our photographers: brandon + katrina of brandon wong photography.
venue: the last bookstore in downtown los angeles.
catering: the extremely fabulous heirloomla.
flowers: from floral art!
the band: one of our favorite local indie bands, the gallery.
hugs and books!
WRITER WEDDINGS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Oh. My. Gosh.